APNET - Information Sharing
APNET was also created in order to satisfy the need for sharing information, ideas and experiences on indigenous publishing in Africa. Since 1992, the African Publishing Review (APR) is seeking to respond to this need.
The African Publishing Review (APR) is a newsletter, which appears six times a year in English and French. It is distributed FREE to over 2,500 publishing concerns, libraries and bookshops throughout Africa. Subscriptions are also available. The African Publishing Review is the only pan-African publishing newsletter published in Africa with news, analysis and in-depth perspectives of African Publishing.
The APR can now be downloaded from this site. (click here)
The APR covers book fairs, book prizes, people in African publishing, new publications rights offers, conference proceedings, courses, scholarships, review of books on publishing, etc. The African Publishing Review is essential reading for anyone involved in African publishing, bookselling, librarianship, research, book development, literature, education and the book business.
|Inside Africa (Surface Mail)||US $30||UK Pounds Sterling 20||Euro 30|
|Inside Africa (Airmail)||US $35||UK Pounds Sterling 25||Euro 35|
|Outside Africa (Surface Mail)||US $50||UK Pounds Sterling 35||Euro 50|
|Outside Africa (Airmail)||US $60||UK Pounds Sterling 40||Euro 60|
The African Publishing Review is AVAILABLE FREE to African Publishers, libraries and bookshops. To be placed on the mailing list to receive your free copy submit a completed subscription form and attach an official letterhead to it.
Application forms and subscription information can be obtained from the:
African Publishers Network (APNET)
2 Lynton Avenue
Tel/Fax: + 263 4 300790
Mobile: + 263 772 237572 / + 263 773 446453
Other publications produced by APNET include:
- The Story of APNET: A study of the origins, structure, activities and policy of the APNET
- Development Directory of Indigenous Publishing 1995
- Indaba sur les ‘Droits’ Africains: actes de la Conférence sur les droits tenue à Harare en 1994
- African "Rights" Indaba: proceedings of the conference on rights held in Harare 1994
- APNET Children's Books Catalogue
- Agricultural Books Published in Africa: A Catalogue
- Towards an African Publishing Institute: An investigation of existing publishing training, a survey of training needs and a proposed five-year plan for an African Publishing Institute APNET Rights Catalogue, 1994
- APNET Rights Catalogue, 1999/2000
- APNET Rights Catalogue, 2003/2004
- Register of African Publishing Consultants (2001)